After community, state, and national financial efforts were made on our Jacoby's behalf, we boarded a plane to California on February 12, 2013. We stayed the first night in San Diego, California. The following morning, we made the amazingly quick trip into Tiajuana, Mexico where we began our stem cell treatment. We continued the treatment in California--putting the trip at 19 days total. California was wonderful in many ways, but as Dorthy says to Toto......"there's no place like home."
During the trip, there were many inspirational moments....the following are a few we wanted to share with all of you:
1. Jacoby's First Plane Ride in a Wheelchair--We were so proud of Jacoby as she boarded the plane. Of course, "all eyes" were on her and as they were placing her in her seat they accidentely let her slip down in front of her seat. Jacoby took it like a champ and gained the respect of everyone sitting by her.
2. Huntington Beach and "Ruby's"-- Jacoby loved going to the beach and watching all the surfers. We have many family memories from the past at Huntington Beach; playing in the ocean, playing Ultimate Frisbee in the sand, and drinking milk-shakes from Ruby's, of course!
3. The Hobbit! We were so excited to go see The Hobbit. It felt like we had waited forever. It made it all worth it when the theater workers gave us the best seats in the house.
4. Meeting Jacoby's doctors-- The doctors working with Jacoby were brilliant and gave us a new sense of hope for her recovery.
5. GOOFY-- Yes... we said "Goofy." We knew our trip would have to include Disneyland, and Goofy won our hearts this trip! While we were waiting for Morgan to get through the long Goofy line, Goofy looked over and saw Jacoby off to the side. He motioned to the other children to wait for him and came over and hugged Jacoby. Our new favorite Disney character FOR LIFE.
That pretty much wraps it up......
"I can do all things through him who strengthens me"