Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Touch of Christmas...

     Sometimes there are not words to fully capture what we want to say... that is how we felt today.  Telling you we're proud of Jacoby doesn't come close to how we felt as we watched her throughout the day.  
     We started with therapy this morning.  Jacoby was sat up for the first time!  We know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but for spinal cord injuries, it's one of the first hurdles that must be overcome.  After laying down for one week solid, the body has to re-adjust blood pressure levels.
     After therapy, Jacoby received flowers and a gift from one of her favorite gymnasts... Nastia Liukin!  What a special treat!  Jacoby just kept saying, "She has been so good to me and she doesn't even know me."  
     As we all visited about how amazing it would be to get flowers from Nastia, Jacoby's Aunt Heidi Sackett was busy at work making her room a "Christmas Delight".  She was surrounded with colorful stockings, hanging bulbs of every shape and size, wreaths, and a beautiful 7 ft. Christmas tree.  
     And what's a day without visitors!  Jacoby was able to share her day with some teammates and family.  A couple Seattle first responders delivered a stack of cards from VEGA and Sandy delivered a pile from Garlands and also a stack received from all across the US.  Adding these to the cards already received from other clubs in prior days, the pile keeps growing.  Jacoby loves to have us read the cards and receives great encouragement from them (not to mention us!).  Thanks to all!






     Even with the challenges before us, we feel blessed beyond words.  We are thankful our daughter is surrounded by so many who love her and want to see her "walk on water" as badly as we do!
     "My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9     
 

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when can I visit her? Haven't seen her since she was in Cubbies Awana

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day. I'm so glad you have so many people bringing you smiles. Your room looks beautiful! I hope you have another nice day! Still praying all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacoby,it's so great to see that you're making progress in your recovery...Wonderful news for sure...Very nice to hear about Nastia contacting you-and the flowers and gift that she gave you-she's one of my favorite Gymnasts too...Beautifully decorated room that you have-I love all the Christmas decorations...You're in my thoughts and prayers ever day-"With God all things are possible"-Wonderful verse-this is very true...I believe with you in this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry on the typo...Meant to say "every day",of course--ever in my thoughts and prayers ; )

      Delete
  4. Jason, Gretchen, Jacoby and family, we pray for you many times daily and want you to know your family at Lighthouse loves you and is praying hard! Thank you for keeping us updated on the blog. We love seeing how God is at work and are encouraged by Jacoby's smiles, :-) Love you all!
    Erin and fam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it going Jacoby!!! I am a former level 9 gymnast, and now am a Physical Therapist Assistant. Keep working hard and it will pay off. Baby steps is what it is all about. You are in all my prayers this holiday season. I hope only the best for your recovery. Be proud each day with what you achieve, it will take time, but with hard work and dedication (just like in gymnastics) anything is possible. God Bless!
    Dani Ockerman (Kirkland, Washington)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great day for you Jacoby! I too am a spinal cord injury patient. My car accident was just over 2 1/2 years ago. I will tell you that the journey is hard and long, but all things are possible with God! I was only given a 2% chance to walk and I can walk now. I will add you to my prayers. I attribute my success to God, hard work, a great support system(which it sounds like you have), and a positive attitude! I smile everyday, I may not smile all day, but I smile everyday! God bless you and your family.
    Kim Thomsen (Stanton, MI)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job on the sitting up! That's definitely a great positive step; the first of many. Keep up the hard work. It'll be tough but it'll pay off in the end. Prayers every night from across the border. Stay strong, Jacoby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jacoby. I am a former level 10 and NCAA gymnast, and I am currently in medical school. I want you to know that the entire gymnastics world is pulling for you! Congrats on sitting up today. Tackle your recovery just like you tackled every new skill in gymnastics. You're in everyones prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Team Jacoby,

    If I want to participate in the get well card fundraiser, do I find to send cash or can I send a check? If I can send a check, who should I make it out to? Thank you!

    -Andrea Gagliardi

    ReplyDelete