Monday, November 19, 2012

Community support overwhelms the family...

From the Miles family...

The surgery was successful.  We will continue to wait for the swelling to go down and pray for her to regain more feeling.  Today was difficult for her emotionally as the reality of the situation began to set in.  We are overwhelmed and very grateful for the outpouring of support from the community.  We feel so blessed.

Thank you all for the prayers, get well wishes, cards and donations!

__________________________________________________________________________________

FUNDRAISING CONTINUES...

Here are the ways you can help:

Fundraiser #1 - Book Sales:
On the same day of the accident, Melanie Roach's new book "Lift: Enjoying the Journey of Life" was released on Amazon. Melanie has committed to give 100% of the book sale profits to aid in Jacoby's recovery and ongoing expenses.  To purchase the book click on the following link:  http://www.amazon.com/Lift-Enjoying-Journey-Life-Volume/dp/0615692869/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1353313054&sr=8-2&keywords=melanie+roach

Fundraiser #2 - Cash Donations:
Roach Gymnastics is accepting cash, check or visa donations on behalf of the Mile's family until a charity account can be set up in Jacoby's name.

Donate online at www.goteamjacoby.com

Drop off or send donations to:
Team Jacoby Fund c/o Roach Gymnastics and Cheer
1627 45th St. E., Bldg. D-103
Sumner, WA 98390

Donate by phone. Call the gym at 253-826-5999.

Fundraiser #3 - Grocery/restaurant gift cards:
Roach Gymnastics is organizing and delivering daily meals to the family at home and the hospital and could use grocery gift cards to help provide these meals.

Fundraiser #4 - Gymnastics clinics at Roach Gymnastics:
Roach Gymnastics will be holding gymnastics clinics for all levels on Monday 11/19, Tuesday 11/20 and Wednesday 11/21. 100% of the proceeds will go to the Team Jacoby Fund. Options are 4pm-6pm for levels 3-5 and a 6pm-8pm for level 6-10. The cost will be $25 per gymnast. Please call Roach Gymnastics at 253-826-5999 to register.

Fundraiser #5 - Get Well Cards:
The gymnastics community, spearheaded by Sandy at Emerald City Gymnastics, is doing a massive fundraiser where gymnasts from across the country are making get well cards for Jacoby and including a minimum of $20 in it. Her goal is to raise $50,000 by Thanksgiving.

Send cards to:
Team Jacoby Fund
c/o ECGA
17735 NE 65th St. Suite 110
Redmond, WA 98052

14 comments:

  1. I have been praying absolutely non stop.. I can't even count the amount of prayers I've said in the last 12 hours. I wish you a full and complete recovery.

    Today I will be fasting for Jacoby... And of course the prayers will be sent. I encourage all to FAST TODAY!!!

    Also- mom and dad.. Try to get in touch with Avery Downing. She was a gymnast that had a very similar injury on bars earlier this year, and is now paralyzed waist down. "Team Avery" is very popular... The two girls could be a support to each other... Search Team Avery or find Avery Downing on Twitter(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just heard this news, but know that your Greenwood Christian Church family is praying for Jacoby's healing and strength for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please check out this article.
    There is reason in this alone to hope.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20365355

    ReplyDelete
  4. For Jacoby's mom and dad. My heart goes out to you, Jacoby and your family. Our 16 year old son had a T4 complete injury 2 years ago tomorrow. We know EXACTLY what you are going thru and want to let you know we are here for any thing you need. We live in Enumclaw. We have learned so much over the past two years and sharing is what keeps us going. We are advocates for Stem Cell Therapy. I know you are aching beyond your imagination, and I so wish I could take that away for you. Jacoby's strenght shows thru you, our thoughst and prayers are with all of you. Please please call me if you need ANYTHING. Debbie mastX4@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know you and you don't know me but I heard about Jacoby from the gym my daughter attends. I cannot even begin to know what you are going through but I do believe in miracles. I will be praying for healing and peace for Jacoby and strength for you in your marriage and faith. Blessings to you.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey jacoby, you may not remember me, but we went to crystals/grace together. I just want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers, stay strong girlie!!!
    Brooke March

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family will be praying for your quick healing Jacoby. I pray that you & your family will feel Gods constant presence and give you strength to prove these doctors wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for you all, I feel your pain, & will be praying. Tell that beautiful girl to stay strong, & remember if God brings you to it, he'll bring you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU CAN DO THIS JACOBY!! YOU ARE SO DETERMINED AND STRONG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey mrs gretchen its jadyn alexs friend I just want to ask when we can come and visit jacoby Iwant to come and support her the whole way alex has my number and so pllzz tell me when I can come and visit Imiss u guys love ya

    Jadyn gordon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi - You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know my Father in Law will reach out to share some key information for Jacoby regarding some very positive developments for recovery with this injury. This hit home as this was our family last Thanksgiving at Harborview with a very similar injury. My Brother In Law was injured just a few days before Thanksgiving. Greg Schoenbachler. Here is Greg's blog to see our the experience we had - some of it will seem very familiar. Our entire family goes out to you this Thanksgiving and we hope to be a source of help any way we can and share what we have learned to make your journey to recovery a great one. God Bless. Woody Hertzog 425-652-6050

    http://gregsroadtorecovery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacoby if you get this you may not remember me I was your AWANA cubbies leader at Cornerstone, I know your whole family, last I saw you guys when Morgan was a baby. You, your twin brother Kaleb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Jacoby and family-I heard your story in our local news. I do believe and have faith in the miracle of prayer. Please find comfort in knowing that so many people are praying for your healing and strength during your struggles of recovery. May you find your inner strength to get through this and NEGU-never ever give up. Your community as well as I know soon, the entire world, will be right here with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gretchen & Jason- Your family & beautiful daughter is in our prayers! We will be in touch with you, but send our love from California. Mom & Dad are thinking of you all too. We talked tonight. God be merciful to Jacoby, and to you as you are cared for by your medical team. All our love, Lynn Boberg (Kraus) & family

    ReplyDelete