Thursday, December 13, 2012

hats, hats, hats...

     Jacoby had a pretty average day, full of the usual ups and downs.  A few smiles, a few tears, a few laughs, a few grimaces.  We are settling in a little better with the routine of her care which is leaving more time for us to work on her stretching and rehab, which is EXACTLY what we want to be doing!  Today, she seemed to better tolerate sitting straight up and actually leaning forward.  Her body was regulating the blood pressure far better than we have seen in the past, so we'll consider that her most successful improvement for today.
     "Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them... Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.  When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another." -Helen Keller

Thanks, Sarah from Utah, for the awesome Beanie Babies' collection and words of encouragement!

Also, thanks to the super cool night nurse that keeps making hats for "Brad the Hamster"!








Please no visitors until Saturday afternoon and Sunday.  Therapy during the week takes up the whole day and is exhausting!  Thank you for understanding.
For more information about Jacoby:
                                                       www.goteamjacoby.com

4 comments:

  1. Jacoby,
    I am crying tears of joy right here at work;) I am so glad they arrived safely and put a giant smile on your face! You are so strong! I continue to follow your blog every day and continue to pray for you! I am glad you found a little friend *Brad*... he is stylin in his little hat:)
    Stay strong and continue to fight!
    Love ya!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Jacoby and her family: I just wanted to let you know that I've been following your progress and your story is an inspiration to me. I was involved in mountain bike crash in June of this year that has left me as a T-5 complete. I live in Portland, OR and have been going to ADAPT Advanced in Beaverton for 3 months or so, and I can't stress how great this has been for me. I was working out there yesterday and they said that a member of your family had given them a call. I think you'll find that outpatient therapy is a bit of a joke when it comes to spinal cord injury, if you're not getting any motor recovery back, there's not much they'll do for you other than teach you how to handle a wheelchair (at least that was my experience). I would urge you and your family to check this facility out (and then, if it's too far, at least you have something to go off of when comparing a facility that is closer to you). Many people with SCI reached out to me after my accident and I was very thankful for that. There's a lot you can learn from them. Hopefully someone close to your level of injury has reached out to you. You and your family are in my prayers,
    Mat

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Good job on the improvements and continued hard work. Hopefully Brad will continue rocking some super cool hats. Stay strong, Jacoby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay strong girl! still praying for you, as much as we could. So much stuff going on in this world these days, but God still have mercy and cure for his people.. Lots of Blessings! And a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete