Monday, December 3, 2012

Makin' a run for it!

     This was one of those days where you look out the window and see life going on and you just want to make a run for it!  Today was a rough day.  Jacoby was a bit frustrated with how difficult and tedious everything has become.  What used to be the simplest of tasks takes a hundred times longer than it used to, and for someone like Jacoby (well, probably anybody) it is quite dis-heartening.  Thus continues the wild emotional roller coaster.  We continue to trust the Lord's plan for her through this.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  -Jeremiah 29:11    

     On a side note, a big thank you to the 40+ people that helped move our entire house today.  Man, what a project!  Thank you to "The Old Cannery" for use of their Truck, Lowe's for an entire moving crew and truck, Pierce County Fire and Rescue for many volunteers, and family, friends, and "friends of friends".  What a work crew we had today! 


Please no visitors until Saturday afternoon and Sunday.  Therapy during the week takes up the whole day and is exhausting!  Thank you for understanding.
For more information about Jacoby:
                                                       www.goteamjacoby.com




6 comments:

  1. Jacoby, you are my inspiration! God is using you to have an impact on people like me. I can't imagine what you are going through but I hope that you can get some joy from knowing that your story, your courage, your grace, and most importantly your faith are already bringing others closer to Christ. I know many people who claim to be Christians but when the rubber meets the road their lives don't reflect it. You seem to be passing your test young lady, and God is using your life to help others pass their's. Every person who grows closer to the Lord because of you will be a credited toward your "account" with God! I will continue to pray for you and I thank you for all you have done for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see my own gymnast daughter and cannot pretend, imagine knowing, or understanding the challenges you now, and will face. I see a friend who was told he would never walk again, by faith, hard work, and absolute determination restored to full mobility. I see a beloved friend told their cancer would take them in 10 days, by faith, hard work, and absolute determination now cancer free. At our most trying times, we are not alone, and never will be.

    One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
    Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
    In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
    Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there were one set of footprints.
    This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints.
    So I said to the Lord, “You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
    But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
    Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”
    The Lord replied,
    “The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand, is when I carried you.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacoby,
    I am so elated by your most recent blog. You are able to do the famous parade wave now!!! Oh joy. I have a big happy smile on my face today. It may be gray and rainy outside here, but your news has brought sunshine to me.
    Each night I pray for you and the Lord is listening. What lucky parents to have such a wonderful daughter. Hugs xxxoooo,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray everyday that you'll walk right out of that hospital someday, I know you can do it Jacoby! Keep up your determination and your trust in God. You're awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sort of hard to know what to write because it's unimaginable what you're going through. "Down" times are good though. They're necessary and once they're out of the way, there is more time for "up" times. This will be quite the rollercoaster ride, but someone as strong as you can come out on top. To see rainbows, there always needs to be a storm first. In time, things will get easier. Prayers every night from Montréal. Stay strong, Jacoby!
    "To find the light, you must pass through the deepest darkness."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacoby
    You are such a strong girl, and inspiration to others; we are so pleased to see you smile again; we also loved your wave. I would like you to know that you are in our minds and prayers every single day, and with God’s help you will be ok. You have a lot of people standing behind you 100%, and you will have that support for as long as you need it.
    The Jennings Family

    ReplyDelete